Leaving Water Bottle In Car Can Cause Fire

A battery technician with the Idaho Power Company was on his lunch break. Suddenly, he  noticed smoke coming from under the center console of his truck. The cause of the fire.. a bottle of water.

Dioni Amuchastegui explained on his Facebook page, “I looked over and noticed light was being refracted through a water bottle and starting to catch the seat on fire,” he explains in the video shared on Facebook

Firefighters are also warning drivers about the hazard. They found sunlight magnified by a water bottle got to be 250-degrees. The sunlight will come through, when it’s filled with liquid, and act as a magnifying glass. It uses the liquid and the clear material to develop a focused beam and sure enough, it can actually cause a fire, a combustion.”

While the risk of starting a fire this way is low, officials warn that we should all be bringing our water bottles with us when we leave the car. You can never be too safe!

Check out the video below. 

Source: Country Living

 
 
Party Marty Mitchell

Party Marty Mitchell

Want to know more about Party Marty Mitchell? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on Country 107.3 WRWD! Read more

title

Content Goes Here