Willie Nelson is dipping into his archives for the latest volume in his “Willie’s Stash” collection. It’s the second in a series of recordings by the "Red-Headed Stranger" and his sons Lukas and Micah. “Willie Nelson and the Boys,” will be released October 20th.
The album will include songs recorded during Willie’s 2011 sessions for “Heroes,” and will have the trio performing well-loved American country music classics, including seven tracks written by Hank Williams Sr.
Willie says the album is "....kinda like the country version of 'Stardust.' Where you have all these great songs and standards that the young people have never heard, then all of a sudden you have a whole new audience out there."
Willie debuted his “Willie’s Stash” collection back in 2014 with the release of “December Day,” which featured his sister Bobbie (check out the video below).
Check out the track list for “Willie Nelson and the Boys (Willie's Stash Vol. 2)” below:
- “Move It On Over” (Hank Williams Sr.)
- “Mind Your Own Business” (Hank Williams Sr.)
- “Healing Hands Of Time” (Willie Nelson)
- “Can I Sleep In Your Arms” (Hank Cochran)
- “Send Me The Pillow You Dream On” (Hank Locklin)
- “I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry” (Hank Williams Sr.)
- “I'm Movin' On” (Hank Snow)
- “Your Cheatin' Heart” (Hank Williams Sr.)
- “My Tears Fall” (Alyssa Miller)
- “Cold, Cold Heart” (Hank Williams Sr.)
- “Mansion On The Hill” (Hank Williams Sr. and Fred Rose)
- “Why Don't You Love Me” (Hank Williams Sr.)