With the official start to the holiday season just over a week away, many parents will be heading to the toy store to buy their children a "must have" toy or at least something fun for the holidays.
However, not every toy out there is suitable for your child. In fact, some can be downright dangerous.
The watchdog group World Against Toys Causing Harm, a.k.a. W.A.T.C.H. has released their annual list of the “10 Worst Toys,” items that could potentially hurt the kids who they are made for.
Toys making this year’s list include:
- Wonder Woman Battle Sword – potential for blunt force injuries
- Spider-man Spider-Drone – potential for eye and body impact injuries
- Hallmark’s “Itty Bittys” Baby Stacking Toy –potential choking hazard
- Pull Along Pony – potential for strangulation and entanglement injuries
- Hand Fidget Spinners – potential for choking injuries
- Nerf Zombie Strike Deadbolt Crossbow – potential for eye injuries
- Slackers Slackline Classic Series Kit – potential for strangulation and fall-related injuries
- Oval Xylophone – potential for ingestion and choking injuries
- Jets Heel Wheels – potential for blunt impact and fire-related burn injuries
- Brianna Babydoll – potential for choking injuries
Now if you were planning on buying any of these toys for you kids, know that not everyone thinks they are so dangerous. The Toy Association describes the list as “needlessly frightening,” although they do caution parents to pay attention to the suitable age range listed on the package.
Source: World Against Toys Causing Harm