"Dancing With the Stars" celebrated their 25th season finale last night in style. There were group numbers, two rounds of competition, the classic blooper real and the crowning of this season's champion.
Here's a recap (spoiler alert):
- The opening number was Christmas themed, even featuring a Santa version of Len Goodman. The competition kicked off straight after with Lindsey Sterling and Mark Ballas doing a redo of their Guilty Pleasure dance. This time, they got a perfect 30.
- Frankie Muniz and Witney Carson followed with a second shot at their Disney Night routine. They too got a perfect 30. While we're at it, Jordan Fisher and Lindsay Arnold, to absolutely no one's surprise, also got a perfect score.
- Derek Fisher and Sharna Burgess performed followed by the male pros, who played very sexy elves. Think "Magic Mike" meets the North Pole.
- Vanessa Lachey and Maksim Chmerkovskiy danced next ahead of Lindsey Sterling's solo violin performance.
- Debbie Gibson and Jordan Fisher performed two Christmas songs. Really it's a moment for Jordan to prove he's a star all the way around.
- Drew Scott and Emma Slater got to do their favorite dance again and they chose their Most Memorable Year Jive. They went full "Property Brothers" on it and brought out Drew's brother Jonathan.
- Then, we got a final dance from each of the couple, their 24-hour fusion routine. Lindsey and Mark did a Cha-Cha-Cha/Tango and the judges raved that they managed to combine the two genres while keeping plenty of content. The couple got a perfect 30.
- Frankie and Witney did a Foxtrot/Tango that let Frankie talk about how grateful he is for the "Dancing With the Stars" experience. Len Goodman calls him the people's champion, which sums up Frankie's vibe. Frankie and Witney pulled in a 28.
- Jordan and Lindsay did a Salsa/Paso Doble and as per usual, the judges barely waited for the song to end before they started complimenting Jordan. Both Len and Bruno Tonlioi think Jordan's the best male contestant ever on the show while Carrie Ann Inaba says he made Lindsay a better pro. They obviously got a 30 and that gave Jordan nine perfect scores, which is a new record for the show.
- It was also announced that not one, but two contestants from this past season will be heading out on the "Dancing With the Stars" tour: Frankie and Jordan.
- Then, the results. Jordan and Lindsay came in first, Lindsey and Mark in second, and Frankie and Witney rounded out the top three.
- Right before the credits rolled, Tom Bergeron announced that this spring will be a shortened, four-week mini-season and it will feature all athletes.
Here is the final leaderboard:
- Jordan Fisher
- Lindsey Stirling
- Frankie Muniz
Source: Dr Dave's Prep