The legendary soap, General Hospital is celebrating 26 nominations as the show leads the pack for the upcoming 45th annual Daytime Emmy Awards. Nominations were announced yesterday. The untelevised awards will be handed out on April 29th.
Ratings have been a big challenge for NBC's Megyn Kelly. Will the network's investment finally payoff? “Megyn Kelly Today” managed to pull in a Daytime Emmy Award nomination yesterday for Outstanding Informative Talk Show. She’s up against “The Chew,” “The Dr. Oz Show,” “Larry King Now,” and “Steve Harvey.”
As mentioned above, “General Hospital” leads the pack with 26 – including one for Outstanding Drama Series. They’ll compete against “The Young and the Restless,” “Days of Our Lives,” and “The Bold and the Beautiful.”
With a few exceptions, the nominated shows and hosts didn’t really change from last year. “The Real” got added to the Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show category.
Mario Lopez and Sheryl Underwood will host the 45th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards on April 29th in Pasadena, CA.
Below are the major categories, for a full list of nominations, click HERE.
OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
- "The Bold and the Beautiful"
- "Days of Our Lives"
- "General Hospital"
- "The Young and the Restless"
OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
- Eileen Davidson (Ashley, Y&R)
- Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis, GH)
- Marci Miller (Abigail, Days)
- Maura West (Ava, GH)
- Laura Wright (Carly, GH)
OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
- Peter Bergman (Jack, Y&R)
- Michael Easton (Finn, GH)
- John McCook (Eric, B&B)
- Billy Miller (Jason/Drew, GH)
- James Reynolds (Abe, Days)
OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
- Marla Adams, (Dina, Y&R)
- Camryn Grimes (Mariah, Y&R)
- Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie, Days)
- Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe, Y&R)
- Mishael Morgan (Hilary, Y&R)
- Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Steffy, B&B)
OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
- Wally Kurth (Ned, GH)
- Chandler Massey (Will, Days)
- Anthony Montgomery (Andre, GH)
- Greg Rikaart (Kevin, Y&R)
- Greg Vaughn (Eric, Days)
OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
- Reign Edwards (Nicole, B&B)
- Hayley Erin (Kiki, GH)
- Cait Fairbanks (Tessa, Y&R)
- Olivia Rose Keegan (Claire, Days)
- Chloe Lanier (Nelle, GH)
OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
- Lucas Adams (Tripp, Days)
- Rome Flynn (Zende, B&B)
- Tristan Lake Leabu (Reed, Y&R)
- Casey Moss (JJ, Days)
- Hudson West (Jake, GH)
OUTSTANDING GAME SHOW HOST
- Wayne Brady, "Let’s Make a Deal"
- Chris Harrison, "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire"
- Steve Harvey, "Family Feud"
- Pat Sajak, "Wheel of Fortune"
- Alex Trebek, "Jeopardy!"
OUTSTANDING GAME SHOW
- Family Feud
- Let’s Make a Deal
- The Price Is Right
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
OUTSTANDING LEGAL COURTROOM PROGRAM
- Couples Court With the Cutlers
- Divorce Court
- Judge Judy
- Judge Mathis
- Justice With Judge Mablean
- The People’s Court
OUTSTANDING MORNING PROGRAM
- CBS Sunday Morning
- CBS This Morning
- Good Morning America
Source: Daytime Emmy Awards