Kelly Clarkson is batting one thousand. In her very first season as a mentor, Team Kelly's Brynn Cartelli, the youngest finalist in the show’s history at age 15 was named the winner of this season’s "The Voice"
The two-hour show jam-packed season finale featured surprise guest stars and special performances.
Alicia Keys' team member Britton Buchanan was the runner up, and while Blake Shelton had the best odds of winning with two members of his team in the final four, he was quickly eliminated with Kyla Jade coming in third overall, and Spensha Baker landing in fourth.
While announcing the winner took all of 10 minutes, the season finale lasted a whopping two hours.
The night’s performances included:
- The show opened with a group performance of Phil Collins’ “In The Air Tonight."
- Dua Lipa performed her latest “IDGAF.”
- Spensha Baker performed “What Ifs,” with Kane Brown.
- Jason Bay was joined by Alicia Keys for his latest single “Us.”
- Last season’s winner Khloe Kohanski returned to perform her new single “Come This Far.”
- Brynn Cartelli was joined by Julia Michaels for Michaels’ songs “Issues” and “Jump.”
- Another group performance featured some of the more soulful contestants, including Kyla Jade, performing The Temptations’ “Papa Was A Rolling Stone”
- Florence and the Machine performed their latest single “Hunger.”
- Britton Buchanan teamed with Ryan Adams for “To Be Without You.”
- Halsey and Big Sean were joined by a slew of dancers for their new collaboration “Alone.”
- Jason Aldean performed his latest single “Drown’s The Whiskey”
- Kyla James and “Voice” coach Jennifer Hudson teamed up for “I Know Where I’ve Been”
Source: Dr. Dave’s Ultimate Prep