As we prepare to celebrate Independence Day...please make sure your pets are protected.
The power of the fireworks sound can cause your dog or other pets to panic. In some cases, the noise may cause your pet to have a seizure. Fireworks can reach up to 170 decibels, far past the 120 decibel pain threshold for sound.
Here’s what you should know so everyone in the family can have fun during the holiday.
- Keep your pet in an interior room without windows (less noise).
- Have the TV or radio up.
- If you can hang out with your fur babies, that would be a good idea.
- If your pet has a n escape route, they will probably use it. More animals are brought to shelters than anytime of the year because of the fireworks.
- Have your pet microchipped and have a collar on them.
- Give your dog a break from the safe room for a little bit.
- If you set off fireworks, clean up the debris before your pup goes outside. The toxic residue could kill them.
Source: Mental Floss